Sunday 19 June 2011

Interim blog

Last week was a great week Mel got the confirmation that she had passed her Masters degree which made our very own 'annus horribilis' seem so worthwhile. We also began to make final arrangements with my in-laws Pat and Fred for last minute purchases for our holiday home in France which they have spent the last five weeks furnishing and decorating.

In just five days Mel and I travel over to our place in Chalus, for a two week holiday, our first break in nine months and twelve if you consider that in our last week there in September I spent the week pacing up and down the garden trying to sort a work issue out. The sense of relief in our house is therefore palpable and the countdown to Friday well underway.

We've both become a bit run down of late and I have spent the last week valiantly battling some form of weird flu bug that completely laid me out for two days and has left me drained. We are staggering toward the finishing line exhausted but excited at the prospect of a proper break and seeing the Gite furnished and almost completed. Expect better blogs once we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment